Adrenaline is an experience design agency that creates and implements brands and retail environments.
From idea through implementation, from physical to digital, from one channel to the next, we create it—then fuse it all together. our reach is local, global and multidimensional. the result is disruptive experience design that creates brand everywhereness—converting brand affection into consumer action.
Adrenaline is seeking a dynamic and proficient EGD Experience Designer to develop and advance our creative and strategic thinking for projects within a specialized area of design. The position requires an active, hands-on approach working with clients to develop user-oriented strategies and visual communications within the built environment. It was also include collaborating with other project design teams to develop, design, and implement environmental graphics and retail communications; helping chart the direction, style, and methodology of our studio, as well as setting a high standard within our office culture for innovation and quality of design. Candidates must demonstrate abilities in concept visualization, visual and verbal communication, and a strong understanding of design and scale within the built environment. Possessing strong design, organization, leadership, project management, team-building, and communication skills are also required.
The EGD Experience Designer should possess a passion for design – composition and materiality, typography and color theory as well as strong three-dimensional visioning skills that can be translated into innovative and implementable environmental graphics and signage solutions. This individual will be involved in the strategy, design and development of a variety of project types, from retail communication programs to branded environments, with the goal to create positive and connective experience with places.
The ideal candidate has 8+ years of environmental graphic design experience, with a professional background delivering and presenting graphics, signage and wayfinding, brand-related strategy, and user-focused experiences. Candidates have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Interior Design and/or similar. Flexible schedule with ability to travel is a requirement of this position.
- Ensures design and creative quality by maintaining day-to-day knowledge and familiarity of all design projects; enlists the participation and advocacy of leaders as appropriate
- Leads the design process for developing graphic and interior design concepts that complement the built environment, as well as ensures effective functionality within that environment
- Represents the company at initial kick-off meetings with prospective and existing clients, and other meetings as appropriate, to ensure client satisfaction; makes client presentations as appropriate
- Works to maintain documentation and detailing standards for all projects and has working knowledge of typical manufacturing materials and processes
- Reviews and approves, in concert with leaders, all design materials prior to their presentation or release to the client
- Develop details and material palettes that are consistent with the design direction, integrate the environmental graphics and support of the overall quality of the project
- Review schematic design, design intent documents, shop drawings and material samples for conformance with studio standards
- Monitors work flow and skill sets of the studio and makes recommendations to leaders on required or necessary adjustments
- Works to obtain profitability margins
- Cross-trains members of the design staff
- Work closely with the design team and project managers in the development of project delivery strategies, scheduling, budgets, etc.
- Strong knowledge of design systems and templates, grid structures, layout principals and color theory
- Possess a working knowledge of architectural plans
- Creative thinking & problem solving
- Ability to inspire and lead a team by example
- Ability to manage time & multiple projects and deliverables
- Excellent organizational skills, file management and attention to detail
- Demonstrated abilities in concept visualization
- Visual and verbal communication
- Strong understanding of design and scale within the built environment
- Strong design, organizational, leadership, project management, team-building, and communication skills
- Flexible schedule with ability to travel is a requirement of this position
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR EXPERIENCE PREREQUISITES
- Bachelor’s Degree Education in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Architecture or other related field
- 5+ years professional experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- A post-graduate portfolio that demonstrates experience with various aspects of Environmental Graphic Design work within an established design/branding or in-house studio (including but not limited to wayfinding strategy, conceptual design, design intent drawings, etc.)
- Experience with Interior Design, color coordination and graphics/signage
- Proficiency in 3D StudioMax, Sketch-up, hand sketching
- Experience with Illustrator CADtools
Adrenaline’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
[i] This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all.